Recruiting! Summer Regional Development Study Program for International Students
03~07 August 2020
Learn from and experience Japan
This summer we are looking for students who are passionate about community development and are looking to learn practical development project planning skills. In this program participants will learn Project Cycle Management, create their own development projects with a development consultant and learn from the best community development practices in Japan.
DATE: 03~07 August 2020
LOCATION: Obuse Town, Nagano Prefecture
What will I gain?
✓Learn development project planning skills.
✓Receive one-on-one consulting from a development consultant
✓Interact and learn from Japanese development practitioners.
Where is this program?
The program will be held in Obuse, a small town in Nagano prefecture, famous for its slow and traditional but also open-minded community. It is famous for its chestnut sweets, beautiful town-scape and traditional Japanese art by Hokusai . It is an ideal location to learn about how government, companies, and civil society are cooperating together to tackle the development issues that many rural regions are facing.
What Are the Development Themes for this Project?
① Agriculture and Development
② Environment and Development
This program is a great way to learn development from the perspectives of Japanese local government, local business, and citizen action. Participants will learn from these three perspectives and receive consulting support from a development consultant to create a development project plan for their home community.
170,000 JPY without Tax
What is included / not included in the program fee
- Accommodation and Breakfast
- Transportation during the program (including pick up and drop off to and from the local station)
- Transportation to and from Obuse Town, Nagano Prefecture
- (One-way transportation from Urasa Station (Niigata) to Toyono Station near Obuse Town, Nagano is from 2030JPY)
- Lunch and Dinner
- Souvenirs and Leisure
Application Deadline MAy 31, 2020!!!
- Press the Apply Here button on this page and fill in the application form.
- After completing the application form, you will receive an application completion email.
- We will process your application, and if chosen to join the program will receive an acceptance email
- In the acceptance email you will receive details for payments and further program details.
- Applications are finalized when the applicant makes the payment.
After receiving your confirmation from IC Net Limited, if the student wishes to cancel attending the program, please refer to the cancellation policy stated below.
- Cancellations before 6 July 2020: No fees will occur
- Cancellations between 7 July – 19 July 2020: 50% of the program fee will be charged
- Cancellations from 20 July and onwards: 100% of the program fee will be charged
*Please note that we are aware of the current situation with the COVID-19 Corona Virus. Depending on future situations concerning the virus, please note that the organizer has the right to cancel the program. If the program is canceled by the organizer, no charges will be made to the applicant.
About the Organizers
IC Net Limited
IC Net Limited is a development consulting company that has worked to “make the world a better place” through consulting national and local partners in development projects around the world. Utilizing the experience and expertise gained through this work, IC Net Limited has also worked to educate and train future practitioners in the field of development through training programs and study programs such as these.
More English information about IC Net Limited can be found below:
Obuse Machi Innovation Hub
Obuse Machi Innovation Hub works to develop a community that is active and sustainable through the incorporation and collaboration of different businesses, sectors, and individuals. Through this Innovation Hub aims to energize Obuse Town and its surrounding areas.
More information about Obuse Machi Innovation Hub can be found below:
For further information concerning the program and application please contact the email address below.
Global Education Acceleration and Research Team